I believe that we can start over any day or time we want. However for many, it is sometimes easier to have an arbitrary date to use as a beginning starting point.
- The start of the year.
- The start of the month.
- The start of the week.
- The start of each day.
The beautiful thing about life is we get a do over – each and every morning.
We are given a fresh start and we get to choose if we,
- make the same choices
- take the same actions
- have the same thoughts
The tragedy in life is if we learn nothing from it.
- We must remember what worked.
- We must remember what didn’t.
- Remember who helped and supported us.
- Walk away from those who did not.
The wonderful thing about this life is that every ending, whether it be a death, a job, a divorce, a graduation – has a beginning.
Some beginnings are difficult.
- A premie born too early
- Starting a new life after an unwanted divorce
- Relocation to a place where no one is known.
- Rebuilding a home after a catastrophe.
Even the beginnings we look forward to have difficult moments.
- Lack of sleep with a newborn baby.
- Time management with a new job.
- Adjusting to being a married couple and living together.
I am so thankful for the gift of change. I could sit and share how I hate loss, how I want to keep what I have. Instead, I choose to cherish what I’ve been given. A strong marriage, good health, a warm home, sisters/friends, a squad of humans who love all sides of me, a new day to be who I want to be.
I love turning the page of a new unplanned, unwritten planner, a new month on the calendar.
There will be dreams and hope, starts and stops, sprints and stumbles. Remember each day gives us a second, third, fifty chance for a do over.
2020 can be what I (and you) want it to be.
Happy New Year!!!